« Home | Emergent Weekend!!! » | Now They Are Afraid of the Students -- The Intelle... » | 'The Doctor' on audio :-) » | Dr. John MacArthur on Way of the Master Radio!!! » | Is the Word Preached Precious?? » | The Tract Distributor.... » | Special Nightline edition of Way of the Master Rad... » | A Day in Hell.... » | Kirk Cameron, From Sitcom Star to Evangelist » | Dr. Al Mohler tonight-Fox News Channel’s 'O’Reilly... » 

Friday, April 07, 2006 

Unsearchable riches in Christ!!!

"A great divine said on his deathbed, "we are all of us only half awake". The best Christian among us knows but little of his glorious Saviour, even after he has learned to believe. We see throught a glass darkly. We do not realize the "unsearchable riches" there are in Him. When we awake after His likeness in another world, we shall be amazed that we knew Him so imperfectly, and loved Him so little. Let us seek to know Him better now, and live in closer communion with Him. So living, we shall feel no need of human priests and earthly confessionals. We shall feel "I have all and abound: I want nothing more, Christ dying for me on the cross, Christ ever interceding for me at God's right hand, Christ dwelling in my heart by faith, Christ soon coming again to gather me and all His people together to part no more, Christ is enough for me, Having Christ, I have 'unsearchable riches".
-J.C. Ryle, Holiness,pg 348, 1877.


Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways!

“For who has known the mind of the Lord,or who has been his counselor?”
“Or who has given a gift to him that he might be repaid?”
For from him and through him and to him are all things.
To him be glory forever. Amen.
Romans 11:33-36
There is no love like his, neither earth nor heaven can match it. To know Christ and to be found in him-oh! this is life, this is joy, this is marrow and fatness, wine on the lees well refined.

My Master does not treat his servants churlishly; he gives to them as a king giveth to a king; he gives them two heavens-a heaven below in serving him here, and a heaven above in delighting in him for ever.

His unsearchable riches will be best known in eternity. He will give you on the way to heaven all you need; your place of defence shall be the munitions of rocks, your bread shall be given you, and your waters shall be sure; but it is there, THERE, where you shall hear the song of them that triumph, the shout of them that feast, and shall have a face-to-face view of the glorious and beloved One. The unsearchable riches of Christ! This is the tune for the minstrels of earth, and the song for the harpers of heaven. Lord, teach us more and more of Jesus, and we will tell out the good news to others.
-excerpt from Spurgeons' 'morning and evening', August, 22, evening devotional.


align="left">
The good I have is from His stores supplied,
The ill is only what He deems the best;
He for my friend, Im rich with nought beside,
And poor without Him, though of all possess'd;
Changes may come, I take or I resign,
Content while Im am His, and He is mine.
While here, alas! I know but half His love,
But half discern Him, and but half adore;
But when I meet Him in the realms above,
I hope to love Him better, praise Him more,
And feel, and tell, amid the choir divine,
How fully I am His and He is mine.
-Francis Quarles(1592-1644, "how long did I toil, and knew no earthly rest."

About me

  • I'm TwinsK&D
  • From Toronto, Ontario, Canada
  • Oh, this is about us...um...well theres two of us and we're twins. We both attend Grace Fellowship Church in Toronto, Canada. We love Jesus Christ and long to be more like Him and to desire Him above all things!
My profile